Saturday, July 20, 2013

Weekend Workshops. Great Swaps Received.

I had a great weekend last week, attending 2 workshops in our public libraries - a Seal Engraving Workshop on 13 Jul 13 (Sat) at the Queenstown Library, and a Chinese Painting Workshop on 14 Jul 14 (Sun) at the Bukit Merah Library.

We had a hand-on session to carve our own seal stone during the 2-hour workshop.  It was not that difficult to carve, yet just not easy either.  I have not seen such fanciful and colourful seal stones with carving on all faces which our instructor brought along!  Really an eye-opener and a good experience!  BTW, we didn't do that well on our own, we had had the instructor help to touch up all our carvings. 


The Chinese Painting Workshop was easier to handle, though I'm not used to painting without any sketch!  And just don't expect too much for 2 hours and in a big group like this.

DH bought an automatic mechanical Tissot Le Lode T41.1.183.33 watch for me 2 weeks ago when he was back.  I have not worn a watch for a number of years, it feels really heavy, or is it because of all the mechanism inside? 



The mails just came in, bringing the ATCs from the Intuitive Watercolour Technique swap hosted by Beckie Holso (USA). Going clockwise from top left are cards from Connie Holso, Letha Richardson, Beckie Holso and Pam Prosser. 

And the Gypsy Deco Book Swap, also hosted by Beckie. Beckie has done such a great job assembling the book.  Just the right purple for the background too, don't you think so?
Thanks gals and Beckie for 2 great swaps! 


2 comments:

Maureen said...

Another lovely gift from your husband! - I remember the ring from last time. I suppose, if you haven't been used to wearing a watch, it would feel heavy - but hopefully you will get used to it, because it's very elegant.
The soapstone seals look interesting!

Singtatter said...

Hi Maureen, yes, quite a nice watch and the most expensive one I have ever worn so far. Since it is a gift by DH, I have been wearing it everyday!

Soapstone - that's a new word I just learn from you. I never know what the stone is called!