Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fluttering Butterflies, Colourful Blooms, All Tatted

Joey need some little gifts for her 10 senior school table-tennis team players who are graduating this year.  I tatted for her a whole lot of flowers and butterflies with magnetic bead centre.  They are not very strong to hold paper to metal surface, but look quite good though on their own to brighten up any place and will certainly work as a needle minder. 

I really did a lot of tatting this past month, not just the flowers and butterflies, but also  bookmarks.  They are for a bookmark exchange on the NEEDLESnCRAFTS group.  I sent mine to Maria Silva in Portugal.
  
For last Thu ATC session in Bishan Library, we did drawing using the carbon paper way, but with crayon instead of usual carbon paper.  I never really like working with crayons, I can't stand getting bits of crayons all over my hands!
The theme for the ATCs we swapped was "Everyday".  I used the paper bags of the peppermint and licorice tea I drink to do tea-bag folding, and cut the black outline of the tea cup.  Background embossed with embossing folder and painted with watercolours.


(Going clockwise from top right) Swapped ATCs from Maggie "Cubism", "Rabbit, Circus, Circus" from Rita, "Smile - Bow B" from Moses, "An Apple "Everyday" Keeps the Doctor Away" from Jennifer Lum and "Teh-C ("Siew Tai")" from Richard.  I especially like the way the clown holds the rabbit on his palms - the composition and add-on to the background clown look just perfect.
Kristine is having her floral arrangement lessons in school again.  This scored 83/100.

3 comments:

Wattacukor said...

Oh, I love this post!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Your energy far exceeds mine! I cant keep up with all of your artistic creations! That's a lot of tatting, too! Very colorful!

Singtatter said...

Thank you Wattacukor, for stopping by!

Hi Kathy, you flatter me! I am one of the admirers of your tatted lace:)