Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Fabric Little Book

This is an auto-post as I'm currently in China on holiday :)

A very beautiful blue tit arrived at my house, just before I went on my trip, all the way from England, for the Stitchin Fingers' Textile ATC May swap (theme: birds, nest or feathers). Michele English made her base with handmade felt of Merino wool fibers, hand embroidered the paper part of the bird and edges with silk threads, crocheted the blue flower and beaded the purple flower and part of the edge. Wow, it's a handful of techniques to create this lovely unique piece of art!


In my last post, I mentioned about signing up for Lenna Andrews' little book swap and have shown 2 of the 3 books I made. Here is the third book which I sent in for the swap. This is the first time I did a fabric book and it's about 5" by 4" in size. It was real shiok to rip and tear the cottons!


Again, I used bits of ribbons, laces, fabric & crocheted flowers, and more tatted flowers to embellish the pages.




I also tried my hands at stamping on fabrics with my new ink pads. Love it!



Finally, the back cover - that's all for now!

4 comments:

Suztats said...

Lovely little book, Ellen!

Bonnie said...

Awesome!

Singtatter said...

Thank you, Suz, Bonnie! I really enjoyed making this fabric book - no sewing at all!

Christa said...

I have never seen anything like this. Lovely! And my husband enjoyed reading about Guangzhou since he will go there soon. This is how far I read your blog starting with the newest ... so far. THANKS!